Pena was the last to weigh in, stepping on the scale a minute before the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation closed. She weighs 134.5 while her opponent, Amanda Nunes, weighs 135 pounds.
The last time a UFC champion arrived at the weigh-in at the last minute was at UFC 274, when Charles Oliveira dropped half a pound, stripped of his title.
Dallas has no such controversy. Kai Kara-France and Brandon Moreno also gained weight without issue. Both appeared in the interim flyweight title fight at 124.5 pounds.
Only two fighters were underweight on the hole cards. Women’s bantamweight Joselyne Edwards and welterweight Orion Cosce both weighed 1.5 pounds over their respective division limits and will have 20 percent of their opponents’ wallets confiscated.
Watch the UFC 277 weigh-in highlights below:
Here are the full weighing results:
- Juliana Peña (134.5) vs Amanda Nunes (135)
- Brandon Moreno (124.5) vs. Kaikara-French (124.5)
- Derek Lewis (264.5) vs Sergey Pavlovich (254.5)
- Alexander Pantoya (125.5) vs. Alex Perez (125.5)
- Anthony Smith (206) vs. Margomed Ankaraev (206)
- Alex Morono (171) and Matthew Semmelsberg (171)
- Drew Dober (155.5) and Rafael Alves (155.5)
- Don’Tale Mayes (255) vs. Hamdy Abdelwahab (264.5)
- De Laca Croze (155.5) v Rafa Garcia (155)
- Michael Morales (170.5) vs Adam Foggett (171)
- Joselyne Edwards (137.5) vs. Ji Yeon Kim (135)
- Nicolae Negumereanu (205) and Ihor Potieria (204)
- Orion Cosce (172.5) and Blood Diamond (169.5)
Daniel Cormier wonders if Julianna Pena is “just playing a game”.
Juliana Pena was the last fighter to step on the scales at the official UFC 277 weigh-in. The women’s bantamweight champion weighs 134.5, half a pound below the championship limit.However, she did not leave until the last minute Daniel Cormier Question the quality of her cut.
During the official UFC weigh-in, he said:
“At the last minute. Maybe the champ was just playing the game and was like ‘Hey guys, you guys have to wait for me. Here’s my show, you guys have to wait for me.’ I don’t know, she lost half a pound. If you Lost half a pound, you could have done it forty-five minutes ago. But if she wasn’t…she didn’t look that bad, but if not, now she gave Amanda [Nunes] The start of two hours. “
Watch Daniel Cormier discuss Julianna Pena’s post weigh-in below: