The hosts continued their upward momentum last season under head coach Frank Hayes, reaching their second consecutive first half just two years after promotion. With 62 points from 38 games, they are seventh in the league and the most in Ligue 1 this century.
Lens went through several major departures this summer, including Check Doucoure and Jonathan Clauss. However, they have brought in a number of high-quality signings at low prices and hope they can help the club achieve better results this season.
Meanwhile, Brest also had a good season last season, with new head coach Michel de Zakarian working a miracle. They are only one point clear of relegation in 2020-21, but finished 11th last season with 48 points from 38 games.
Visitors brought some new faces, including former Norwich man Pierre Rhys Mellou and Karamoko Dembele. They enjoyed a solid preseason, winning three of their four games, and hope to carry that momentum into the new season.
Lens vs Brest head-to-head and key figures
- Sunday’s game will mark the 20th meeting between Lens and Brest. The hosts have won seven of their previous games, while Brest have won two more. There have been three draws between the two teams.
- The Buccaneers are undefeated in the final three games of the game after losing two of their first three games.
- Lens has not conceded a goal in the last 10 games of the game.
- Blood and Gold lost just three home league games last season, finishing second to last in the division.
- Half of Brest’s league losses last season were away from home.
- The hosts scored 62 league goals last season, their most in nearly 40 years.
Lens vs Brest Prediction
Lens ended the previous game with an eight-match unbeaten run. They carried that form into the offseason, winning four of their six games, including a 1-0 win over Inter Milan. They have only lost one home game since March and will be bullish on the chances of this game.
Brest, meanwhile, were excellent in pre-season, but they struggled away from home last season and could lose here.
prophecy: Lens 1-0 Brest.
Lens vs Brest Betting Tips
Tip 1 – Results: lens.
Tip 2 – Both teams score: Do not (In all but one of Lens’ last six games, only one team has found the back of the net).
Tip 3 – Goal – Over/Under 2.5 – under 2.5 balls (All but one of Brest’s last five games have had fewer than 2.5 goals).
Paul Merson predicts all GW 1 fixtures in the Premier League.more details right here