hello, welcome back faira podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuances behind the headlines.
It’s the first Monday in December, so the show is getting into the festive spirit. By that, we mean that it is natural to think too much about the geopolitical technological landscape.
Here’s what we saw on Monday’s episode!
- Chinese stocks soar on news that its tough COVID-related policies may be rolled back start to easeThe reopening is still a long way off, but after years of strict lockdown, Chinese tech companies are breathing a sigh of relief — at least in terms of valuations. Stocks fell in Europe and the United States.
- How much did the Chinese stock market go up? Bilibili was the leader, up about 16% in premarket trading. The day’s gains couldn’t make up for all of the previous losses, but rising valuations are welcome news for America’s beleaguered tech sector.
- Sticking with the good news vibe, the fact that the U.S. central bank may slow down Its raising rates could provide tech companies with some useful tailwinds.
- This Circle SPAC Transaction Closing.
- Giraffe 360 raise new fundswhich surprised us given our views on the housing market.
- with us End with a note about ChatGPTthe stuff everyone on Twitter can’t stop playing.