The hosts have had a tough game and currently find themselves in the relegation zone after 20 league games.They were beaten 2-1 Mechelen In their last league game, thought they had a chance to equalize before a second-half red card Adapo Avocoa dashed their hopes of a comeback.
With just 17 points so far, Ostend sits 16th in the league standings. They will be looking to shake off their recent results and take their first win of the year this week.
Royal Antwerp have slowed down after a strong start to the season but remain in contention in European football. They were beaten 2-0 by the in-form Royal Union Saint-Gilois in their last game and there were no complaints after failing to create enough noteworthy chances to change the result.
The visitors are third in the league standings with 39 points and will look to add points on Tuesday.
Ostend vs Royal Antwerp head-to-head and key stats
- There have been 32 meetings between Ostend and Royal Antwerp. The hosts have won 10 of those games, the visitors 16. The two teams have played six draws.
- The visitors have won their last three games in this competition.
- The hosts have not kept a clean sheet in their last 11 games in this competition, which dates back to 2018.
- Four of Ostend’s five league wins this season have come at home.
- Four of Antwerp’s five league defeats this season have been away.
- The De Kustboys have the worst defensive record in the Jupiler Pro League this season with 44 goals allowed.
Oostende vs Royal Antwerp Prediction
Ostend have lost their last four league games and their last five. However, they have won two of their last three home games and are expected to have a positive result this week.
Antwerp’s latest result ended a seven-match unbeaten run in all competitions and they aim to bounce back here. They are in much better form than their opponents and should be at the top here.
prophecy: Ostend 1-3 Royal Antwerp
Ostend vs Royal Antwerp Betting Tips
Tip 1 – Result: Royal Antwerp
Tip 2 – Goals – Over/under 2.5 – Over 2.5 goals (five of the last six games between the two teams have over 2.5 goals)
Tip 3 – Both teams to score: Yes (both teams have scored in all but two of the last seven games)