Abu Dhabi: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) authorities have introduced an online facility to enable people to obtain visas and Emirates IDs directly, avoiding intermediaries. Changes to the application can also be made online. Authorities say five steps should be completed to take advantage of the services.
Applications for services should be submitted to the Commonwealth Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP) website www.icp.gov.ae Or Smart App “UAEICP”. These online services are available 24/7. People do not need to go to immigration, Amer centers or typing centers to apply for visas, according to authorities.
“Citizens of the UAE and other countries should utilize digital services to save them time, effort and money,” the ICP authority said. Along with submitting the application, people can also upload relevant documents online, pay fees and submit bank guarantees, they noted.
“Applicants must ensure that their name, phone number, email and other details are entered correctly on the website. If the visa or Emirates ID is to be sent home, the postal address should be correct,” the authority said. After verification, officials will also email the visa, they added.
The five steps to apply online for services are:
1. Register on the site www.icp.gov.ae or smart app UAEICP and create your account.
2. Click on the ‘Issue entry permit’ option and enter the applicant’s name and other details.
3. Review the details entered and make sure they are correct.
4. If errors are found, click the Update option and correct them. Submit the application afterwards.
5. Pay the required fees and go through the formalities.